The Green Home Grant has been extended until March 2022, to enable more households to claim up to £10,000 towards improving the energy efficiency of their property.
Not only is this great news for the renewable technologies market, but also for households and homeowners looks to improve upon their energy efficiency rating. Likewise, they can also benefit from reduced energy bills and a reduction in their carbon output.
The Green Home Grant scheme makes renewable installations so much more affordable for the average income household, and an attractive alternative to homeowners wanting to move away from fossil fuel solutions.
How is it possible to claim a Green Home Grant voucher?
It’s simple to apply through the Government website; click here for access. Before applying, however, let’s just point out a few key pieces of information you might want to gather:
- Full name and date of birth for the property owner(s)
- Full name and date of birth for anyone living in the property, claiming benefits
- A quotation for the works to be completed, by a TrustMark registered tradesperson – like the team at SwitchedOn – and their license number
Getting a quotation
As a TrustMark registered installer, SwitchedOn Yorkshire are able to provide quotations for energy efficiency improvements to your property. Here are some areas we cover:
- Air Source Heat Pump installation
- Heating controls
If you’re looking to install heating controls or insulation, you must first have to install a primary measure such as the installation of a heat pump.
Redeeming the voucher
As mentioned already, you must apply for the voucher on the UK Government website. You must also redeem the voucher here, but only if you:
- Have an approved voucher
- The work has been completed by SwitchedOn Yorkshire (or your TrustMark registered installer)
- You are the homeowner or landlord of the property
There have been plenty of updates reported around the Green Home Grant this year, which has made it a little confusing. We’re here to take the stress away and break it down for you.